Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Fall!

Happy Fall!
Hi all! As we get closer to finishing our house and moving in, I was wondering if anyone will find us in the woods for Halloween. I kinda doubt it.
Wow!, what great costumes
Anyway it is time for an animal update: to date we have seen a bear, deer, raccoon, hawks, rabbit, chipmunk, squirrel, mice, bat and snakes including a recent encounter with a baby rattlesnake (which I almost flipped onto my head as I was shooing it away).  Disclaimer: Absolutely no animals have been injured while writing this blog.
Not seen but heard have been owls and a large group of coyotes that seem to be set off by the high pitched sounds of airplanes flying over. It sets them to howling and their eerie yelps echo thru the valley.

PS, don't tell Edrianna's mom about the snakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment